It’s no secret that air travel is not always a simple, convenient or pleasant process. Flight delays and cancellations, last-minute gate changes, massive security lines, overfull parking lots and airport shuttles can really put a damper on your pre-travel state of mind, not to mention slow you down. Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to ensure your airport experience is as smooth, seamless and hassle-free as possible.
- Give Yourself Plenty of Time – One of the simplest, most effective ways to ensure a stress-free start to your trip – whether for business or pleasure – is to give yourself more than enough time to get to the airport. A good rule of thumb is to arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to your scheduled departure time. Make sure you also give yourself plenty of time for the trip to the airport, especially if you’ll be commuting during heavy traffic times. It’s better to arrive extra early and find yourself bored with an hour or more to go before boarding time then to have to rush or experience stress due to traffic, car troubles, items you forgot at home and have to go back for or any of the countless other things that can, and often do, go wrong.
- Do Your Research – Do your research ahead of time to make sure your flight is still on time, you know which tentative terminal and gate you’re departing from, what you can and cannot take in carry-on luggage and anything else for which you might need clarification.
- Take Advantage of Online Services – It may seem like an obvious tip, but people are often surprised just how much time they can save by checking in online and downloading and printing their boarding passes at home (or saving them to their smartphone). It’s simple, effective and you’ll undoubtedly be glad you took this quick step once you see the long check-in lines.
- Prepare for Security – This is one of the easiest things you can do to ensure your airport experience goes as smoothly as possible. Be prepared by knowing exactly what you can and can’t take in a carry-on so you aren’t forced to throw away or ship home any items you didn’t know you couldn’t take onboard with you. Make sure you also dress accordingly; wear shoes that are comfortable and easy to put on and take off, reconsider wearing any jackets, belts or sweaters that are difficult to take off, and be sure you have your laptops and other large electronic devices in an easily accessible location so you can quickly remove them, put them in their own separate bin and send them through the scanners without holding everyone up. You, your fellow travelers and the TSA agents will surely appreciate your being prepared!
- Opt for Convenience – Hailing a cab, Uber, Lyft, shuttle or any other mode of transportation to the airport can be both costly and time-consuming, and trying to find onsite parking at the airport can prove to be just as much of a hassle. Fortunately, FreedomPark Airport Valet Service – an airport valet parking company dedicated to providing first-class service – makes traveling to and from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport easier than ever before.
To reserve a valet for your upcoming trip, sign up online today! Simply provide us with the details about your flight and vehicle, and we’ll be standing ready at the curb the moment you arrive. You’ll be able to physically meet your valet and know who will be behind the wheel of your vehicle. Plus, as soon as you arrive back in DFW you’ll have a text message waiting for you that tells you exactly where you need to go to meet your valet – no waiting for taxis or shuttles, no need to inconvenience family or friends, just a quick, stress-free trip to and from the airport.
In addition to our ability to get you home faster, we also offer additional vehicle services, event valet services and a team of friendly customer service representatives who are waiting by the phone to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week – all for your convenience.